GENERAL MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Welcome to the St. Catharines Art Association! We are an entirely self-supporting, non-profit corporation, and are happy to have you join our special group. Membership begins in July and ends in June of each year.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES
Annual Dues: $35 Full-time Student: $20
Extra info and images on website*: $10
MEMBER PAGES ON THE WEBSITE MEMBERS PAGE
Everyone gets their own page! This is one of the many benefits of being a member of the SCAA.
Having a complete Members Directory allows us to show the public the size of our group. To complete the Members Page, you are expected to send a "selfie" image (headshot, self-portrait, line portrait, etc.) via email to email@example.com. We can insert this above your name and will also include on your own page. Consider sending additional contact information, such as your phone number, website, social media, etc. to include on your own page as well. We do not include personal addresses on these pages.
* For an additional $10, you can also send us your Artist Bio, Statement, and any other information you wish to include, and up to 10 photos of your art, each with the following information: Title, Size, Medium, and Price (optional). Once these photos are placed on your page, they are fed randomly into the slide show on the opening Home page of the website.
You have the opportunity to refresh your information and photos each year, and you must renew your $10 payment to keep the extra information and photos visible.
As a service to both the public and the members, we place members in categories according to their art form, mediums of choice, etc. Please help us choose the categories by listing which categories apply to you. If you wish us to promote your art classes or commissions by posting schedules and fees, you must pay the additional $10 website charge. These can be changed throughout the year as the schedules change. Please send PDF files to upload onto your page.
If you need help with photographing your art, managing your photos on your computer, sending a photo of yourself or your art, or any other step in this process, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your renewal payment via Interact E-transfer® to email@example.com; or mail cheque to PO Box 5016, St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 7T4 (indicate Membership renewal); or bring your payment to a Monthly General Meeting.
Membership Cards and receipts (for cash payments) will be available at the September meeting.
Our meetings are held at the Trillium United Church, 415 Linwell Rd, St. Catharines, on the 4th Tuesday of each month from September to June (except December and January) Meetings start at 7:00 pm.
We meet and mingle over coffee, tea, and treats, buy 50/50 tickets, and hear the updates from the Board of Directors. There is always a featured presentation which may include guest speakers, movies, art demonstrations, workshops, critiques, and more. Each month there is an Art Challenge and everyone is encouraged to bring in the piece that they have completed to meet that challenge. These are displayed at the meeting for all members to view and discuss, and photos of all of the pieces are placed in an album on the website gallery as a permanent archive.
The schedule of presentations and art challenges for the rest of the year can be found on our website:
The monthly meetings give the members a unique opportunity to meet socially, get to know each other better, make new friends, share stories, and learn about each others art. We look forward to seeing you there!
The St. Catharines Art Association holds several events through the year. You are encouraged to enter the shows, which are opportunities to display and sell your art, and to join in on bus trips and other fundraising activities. Proceeds go to our Scholarship Fund and also help to maintain our operating funds. Information about upcoming events are posted on the website and in the monthly newsletters and news updates.
THE GIVE-AND-TAKE OF MEMBERSHIP
There are many benefits to being a member of the SCAA. In addition to having your own page on the website, you are entitled to participate in all member-only shows and will have reduced prices for bus trips and workshops. As well, you will receive a discount at Curry's Artists' Materials when you shop in person (not online). Just show your membership card at check out.
It is true for every organization that it depends on its members and volunteers to keep things running smoothly and productively. There are many ways that you can be involved in helping the SCAA to be as effective for its membership as possible:
• stay current and active by attending Monthly General Meetings, reading newsletters and news updates, and frequently visiting the SCAA website and social media channels
• promote SCAA events and activities through personal connections (gallery owners, businesses, professionals, etc.), as well as your own personal websites and social media channels
• help secure business sponsors for our exhibits and shows, or just help connect the SCAA to potential business sponsors; go to Sponsors on the website for guidelines
• become an active volunteer:
• find out how you can help at Monthly General Meetings
• lend a hand at SCAA events, even if not a participant
• join a committee and help with general operations
• consider joining the Board and help at the leadership level
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions to offer. We are always striving to improve the SCAA.