The St. Catharines Art Association is a non-profit organization that has been operating since 1951. It is entirely self-supporting, and is open to all artists - amateur or professional, emerging or established - and to anyone with just an interest or love of art.
Each year, the SCAA Scholarship Fund donates to grade 12 students from St. Catharines and Niagara Region high schools who are pursuing post-secondary education in visual arts.
Monthly General Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month (except December and July), and offer a variety of presentations, which in the past have included art critiques, slide shows, painting demonstrations, product demos, interactive art presentations, and life drawing. They are also an opportunity for members and guests to socialize over coffee and light refreshments.
In addition to running Bus Trips and holding other fundraisers, the SCAA holds two large member art shows each year:
1) Fall for Art Show& Sale is held at the end of September in conjunction with the SCAA Culture Days event, and
2) Art Lovers' Affair Show & Sale is held in the middle of February at Hernder Estate Wines, including a Celebration and Live Art Auction evening of entertainment, food and drink.
The SCAA also sends out regular e-newsletters and information for members about upcoming meetings, events, member exhibits, and calls for art. Those not on e-mail are sent a printout of the e-newsletter.
On the website you can find:
* Upcoming events
* The sponsors who support us and our events
* Photo galleries of events
* Membership information
* Members Gallery, a photo directory of the entire membership; each member has a page on the website allowing them to showcase their art.
Yearly membership runs from July 1st to the following June 30th. Adult membership is $35; Student membership is $20. A surcharge of $10 each year allows members to submit up to 10 images of their art and their artist biography.